Saturday, January 11, 2014

the LOVE quilt

The Love Quilt


Every year for St. Valentine's Day I like to do something homemade for the one I love most.  (Because we all know handcrafted gifts are the best ;)


Not any old project would do for my Eric; I needed to really make it shine and show him how much all his hard work and dedication really mean to me.  


I scoured my overwhelmingly girly stash for some manly fabric...this is what I came up with:

 

Lots of lovely blue from my nautical loving husband and little pops of orange and yellow to spice things up a bit. Some green for the growing we've done and have yet to do.


I chose this HUGE Ana Marie Horner print for the back of the quilt and bordered that with some Amy Butler honeycomb print...it' hard to decide which side I like better.


 This quilt was my first attempt at a meandering stitch with a free motion foot.  That really took some getting used to, but the more I use it, the more I love it! 



I am pleased as punch with the end result!  Like my Eric this quilt gives comfort.  I'm so blessed to be married to a man I love deeply and truly enjoy being with.  He is my rock in the hard times and a soft spot to fall on when life gets too hard; a quilt will never due justice to what he is and means to me, but this one comes close.
Maybe.



 Myka the dog likes him a lot too!

No comments:

Post a Comment